On the Countdown Cow website, a countdown is a future event, including any added information, that is added to the Countdown Cow website.
Hit the 'Add a countdown' button at the top of the page, next to the search bar.
Fill out the form, the left side of the page is required, the right side of the page is optional.
Hit the 'Submit' button.
Reporting incorrect countdowns is an indirect activity on Countdown Cow. You can only 'derate' or 'degrade' countdowns by giving them a low 'Rated' 'Date accuracy' score. It's a YouTube-like five star rating system. Low rated countdowns will be moved to the bottom of the search results.
Copyright violations are handled in a different manner. Please consult the copyright violations help text to report a copyright violation.
It's hard. Countdown Cow does not verify any user-added info, therefore incorrect info could be displayed.
However, there are some indicators to help you identify a correct countdown:
It's hard to know for sure, try verifying these indicators:
- Add a clear title in conventional wordings.
- Add a description and add some linked references in your description.
- Tell your friends about the countdown you've added or are planning on adding. Send them the link.
You can add predictions about the future, but try to support them with some strong arguments.
Let's hope predictions encourage new questions, alternatives and corrections.
Yes, but make sure to support them with some strong arguments and/or references
We act upon all copyright violation reports. Please use the following guidelines to report a copyright violation.
Send a plain text e-mail to email@example.com containing:
1 Your personal information: Your name, e-mail, full address and telephone number.
2 A signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
3 Details of the copyright claimed to have been infringed. Characteristics and location.
4 Your written confirmation that you believe that the use of the content that you claim to be a copyright infringement is not authorized by law, or by the copyright owner.
5 Your written confirmation that you believe that you are either the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
Take a look at the how to add a countdown poster.
A CAPTCHA or Captcha is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to ensure that the response is not generated by a computer. The process usually involves one computer (a server) asking a user to complete a simple test which the computer is able to generate and grade. Because other computers are unable to solve the CAPTCHA, any user entering a correct solution is presumed to be human. Thus, it is sometimes described as a reverse Turing test, because it is administered by a machine and targeted to a human, in contrast to the standard Turing test that is typically administered by a human and targeted to a machine. A common type of CAPTCHA requires that the user type letters or digits from a distorted image that appears on the screen.
More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA
1. We allow people to add 3 different types of predictions; guesses, estimates and confirmations.
2. We provide people with the ability to up- and downrate countdowns by agreeing or disagreeing with the countdown date.
3. Facebook Events requires Facebook subscription.
4. Facebook asks of you to lose your anonymity by subscribing with your real name and some personal information.
So, if a user X for example writes 10 comments, and they all get positive votes, the person's karma will stay positive.
Vice versa, if a user Y has 10 comments and they get negative votes, the person's karma will be negative.
Build up User Karma and the countdowns you add will rank higher in the search results.
Registering with Countdown Cow is not required, but it has some advantages:
1. You'll be able to edit the countdowns you've added.
2. Add hyperlinks to your countdown descriptions. Link references greatly support the quality of your added countdowns.
3. Build up User Karma and the countdowns you add will rank higher in the search results.
4. Add a user picture, it's a good way to build trust.
5. No more Captcha user/spambot verifications when adding events.
6. You'll get an overview of all the countdowns you've added.
7. Add external images & emoticons to your description
8. Build respect from the Countdown Cow community and gain support for your causes.
If you haven't got a user account yet, create a user account, it's free and fast.